- ‘Our fight is for every resident at every mobile home park.’ National City approves rent control
- Torrance to consider implementing rent stabilization ordinance for mobile home parks
- Windsor considering tighter rent control for mobile home park residents
- ALL THREE GSMOL-SPONSORED BILLS SIGNED BY GOVERNOR!!!
- GSMOL Store! Show your support for GSMOL with T-shirts, mugs and more!
- The MRLPP really works! It galvanized my park owner into action!
- ‘This is too much’: Residents of Newbury Park senior mobile home park stunned at 8.5% rent hike
- The NBA ‘SuperFan’ who got rich fighting rent control
- MRL 101 Townhall with Bruce Stanton
- Santa Barbara’s Green Mobile Home Park Saved from Foreclosure
Own a Manufactured Home?
Here’s How Golden State Manufactured-home Owners League Can Help!
What do we do?
We support manufactured-home owners…
GSMOL enhances the quality of life for all manufactured-home owners and for residents of manufactured-home communities throughout California. We champion the property rights of homeowners, and deliver value through advocacy, information and service. GSMOL lobbies for just and fair protection under the law for manufactured-home owners so they may experience the quiet, peaceful enjoyment of their community.
How do we do it?
- LEGISLATION – We work with the state legislature to pass bills that protect manufactured-home owners and to defeat harmful legislation; and we help homeowners work with their local governments to create and defend ordinances relating to manufactured homes.
- EDUCATION – Through our magazine The Californian, our Chapters in parks, our email list bulletins, social media, this website, local events such as Regional Conferences, and the work of our volunteer leaders, we help homeowners understand the laws that govern manufactured-home living, so that they will be less likely to be taken advantage of.
- ORGANIZATION – We coordinate our members to form GSMOL Chapters in their parks, to work together with neighbor parks and local coalitions to benefit their communities, and to support the state bills that we sponsor.
- LITIGATION – We have a long history of supporting homeowners in important legal cases and assisting local jurisdictions faced with Court challenges to their Zoning and Rent Stabilization Ordinances. The landmark case Yee v. City of Escondido, decided by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1992, is just one example of many successful joint efforts.
Why do we need you?
We could not have accomplished all we have without the help of our members. The MRL (Mobilehome Residency Laws) would not exist, some city and county ordinances protecting manufactured-home owners would not have been adopted, and some manufactured-home- friendly state and local legislators and public officials might not have been elected.
We have much work to do. Those who would like to take away our rights and the value of our homes have deeper pockets and greater power, but there are more of us, if we work together!
Your membership gives us strength in numbers, and supports most of the work that is outlined above. Your connection to other members in your park and community will help to accomplish both our goals and yours! JOIN US!!