- Governor Newsom Signs AB 861, the bill concerning rental of homes
- Governor Newsom Signs AB 1061, the Water Charges bill
- CPUC Decision Protects Homeowners in Parks Undergoing Utility Conversions
- Carson mobile home park closures put owners, residents at odds, with city in the middle
- Newsom OKs $30 million for Oasis Mobile Home Park resident relocation in state budget
- HCD – Help With Your Mobilehome Park Maintenance Inspection
- Availability of Park Facilities – JULY UPDATE – Bruce Stanton
- Video of Ed Fund Virtual Townhall with Bruce Stanton – April 10, 2021
- ‘Absolute disgrace.’ Fresno begins inspection at Trails End Mobile Home Park
- Santa Barbara City Council Puts Temporary Stop to Changes at Flamingo Mobile Home Park
OWN A MANUFACTURED HOME?
Here's How Golden State Manufactured-Home Owners League Can Help
What do we do?
We support manufactured-home owners
GSMOL enhances the quality of life for all manufactured-home owners and for residents of manufactured-home communities throughout California. We champion the property rights of homeowners, and deliver value through advocacy, information and service. GSMOL lobbies for just and fair protection under the law for manufactured-home owners so they may experience the quiet, peaceful enjoyment of their community.
How do we do it?
- LEGISLATION – We work with the state legislature to pass bills that protect manufactured-home owners and to defeat harmful legislation; and we help homeowners work with their local governments to create and defend ordinances relating to manufactured homes.
- EDUCATION – Through our magazine The Californian, our Chapters in parks, our email list bulletins, social media, this website, local events such as Regional Conferences, and the work of our volunteer leaders, we help homeowners understand the laws that govern manufactured-home living, so that they will be less likely to be taken advantage of.
- ORGANIZATION – We coordinate our members to form GSMOL Chapters in their parks, to work together with neighbor parks and local coalitions to benefit their communities, and to support the state bills that we sponsor.
- LITIGATION – We have a long history of supporting homeowners in important legal cases and assisting local jurisdictions faced with Court challenges to their Zoning and Rent Stabilization Ordinances. The landmark case Yee v. City of Escondido, decided by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1992, is just one example of many successful joint efforts.
Why do we need you?
We could not have accomplished all we have without the help of our members. The MRL (Mobilehome Residency Laws) would not exist, some city and county ordinances protecting manufactured-home owners would not have been adopted, and some manufactured-home- friendly state and local legislators and public officials might not have been elected.
We have much work to do. Those who would like to take away our rights and the value of our homes have deeper pockets and greater power, but there are more of us, if we work together!
Your membership gives us strength in numbers, and supports most of the work that is outlined above. Your connection to other members in your park and community will help to accomplish both our goals and yours! JOIN US!!