Legislative Action Team (LAT) Committee
- Purpose: The purpose of this committee is to act as a steering committee that works with our Legislative Advocate (lobbyist) to develop an action plan for homeowner support or opposition for each bill.
- Chair: Carol Brinkman
- Advisers: Esperanza Ross (Legislative Advocate)
- Meetings: Weekly by teleconference. We also hold teleconferences on Saturdays with the Legislative Contacts (a.k.a. LAT Reps) and Zone/Regional leaders.
- Purpose: The purpose of this committee is to promote and coordinate the enrollment, retention, and support of members; to establish, reactivate and support GSMOL chapters; to produce and regularly review membership materials (in conjunction with the Publications Committee) and make them available to leaders and chapter officers.
- Chair: Anne Anderson
- Purpose: The purpose of this committee is to oversee the publication of any proposed new documents (handouts, brochures, manuals etc.) or changes to documents; The Californian; and material from the Access Database. Works in conjunction with the Editorial and Membership Committees.
- Chair: Mary Jo Baretich
- Purpose: The purpose of this committee is to draft the annual GSMOL budget for review and implementation by the Board of Directors.
- Chair: Shelly Parker
- Purpose: The Communications Committee serves the other committees and entities which originate information and news, such as the LAT, Membership, and Public Relations Committees, our leaders and chapters, and our allied coalitions. Our committee typically includes members of those committees, as well as people who are responsible for the various channels through which we publish, including Publications (The Californian, handouts, manuals, etc.); Legislative Email Bulletin, Website, Facebook, and other social media. We also seek to have committee members who are skilled in writing, editing, graphics, video production, and using social media. Using the material given to us by the originators mentioned above, we use our various channels to release announcements, news, educational materials, and other information in a consistent and coordinated way, whether it be to our GSMOL members, the news media, elected officials, or the public.
- Chair: Henry Cleveland
- Purpose: The purpose of this committee is to oversee the coordination of Regional Conferences in various areas of the state. Zone and Region leaders will act as coordinators, with volunteers from local chapters to help with logistics and publicity.
- Chair: Anne Anderson
Editorial Committee (a subcommittee of Publications)
- Purpose: Editing and publishing The Californian.
- Chair and Editor: Mary Jo Baretich
Rent Stabilization Ordinance / Resident Owned Communities Committee
- Purpose: The purpose of this committee is to act as a steering committee that works with our Vice President of Resident Owned Communities to develop an action plan for promoting Rent Stabilization and assisting homeowners in purchasing their parks.
Rent Stabilization Ordinance – Hilary Mosher, Zone A-1, Region 2
Resident Owned Communities – David Loop, Zone B-1 Region 10
- Purpose: The purpose of this committee is to oversee all aspects of www.gsmol.org and maintain all avenues of GSMOL’s social media presence so that they are current, relevant and a professional resource for members.
- Chair: Richard Heine
- Website Content Manager: Anne Anderson
- Webmaster: James P. Williams, Coast 2 Coast Web Hosting