Select Page

How Can We Help?

< Back

No. Refusing to pay the rent or paying a reduced rent could lead to the residents’ termination of tenancy unless residents are willing to chance an eviction and use the lack of water as a defense. Instead, residents should file an emergency complaint with the Department of Housing (HCD) or a local enforcement agency if the local agency has jurisdiction over the lack of water in the park. An inspector can then cite the park for failing to provide adequate water and require the park to furnish bottled water and alternative bathing facilities until the water problem is fixed. The MRL requires the park to maintain the common facilities (which include the utilities) in good working order and condition. (Civil Code §798.15(d))

● Resident is not allowed to deduct rent in case of utility shut-off.
● If there is lack of water, alert the code enforcement agency.

Page Reader Press Enter to Read Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Pause or Restart Reading Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Stop Reading Page Content Out Loud Screen Reader Support