Forms, Handouts and Resources
HandoutsThose which are not showing as links yet are being updated.
- Who We Are – What We Do (#725) (English)
- Who We Are – What We Do (#725S)(Spanish)
- Who We Are – What We Do (#725C) (Chinese)
- Who We Are – What We Do (#725V) (Vietnamese)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights (#815) (English)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights (#815S) (Spanish)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights (#815C) (Chinese)
- You Need GSMOL – GSMOL Needs You (#750) (English)
- You Need GSMOL – GSMOL Needs You (#750S) (Spanish)
- You Need GSMOL – GSMOL Needs You (#750C) (Chinese)
- GSMOL Accomplishments (Long Version)
- Procedure for Processing a Park Complaint (#635)
- Why Have a GSMOL Chapter in Your Park?
Membership Application Forms
Please mail forms to:
14802 Beach Blvd., La Mirada, CA 90638
Or you may scan your form and email it to email@example.com
- Chapter By-Laws Template (#225)
- Chapter Officers Roster Form (#240)
- Chapter Allocation Request Form (#250)
- Chapter Allocation Minutes Verification Form (#330)
- Chapter Annual Treasurers Report Form (#285)
- Sample Agenda for Chapter Meetings
- Incident Report Form (#630)
- GSMOL Procedure for Processing a Park Complaint (#635)
- Ideas for Guest Speakers and Programs
The Chapter Officers Roster Form should be filled in and sent to the Home Office (1) in January of every year, and (2) following each Election of Officers in any other month besides January. Whenever you lose an officer, the Chapter Officers should appoint an interim officer to serve out that officer’s term ASAP, and send the Chapter Officers Roster Form in.
The Minutes Verification Form should be sent in (1) in January of every year showing at least ONE meeting in the past year, and (2) along with the Allocation Form whenever you request an allocation, showing at least FOUR meetings in the past year. (You no longer have to send copies of the actual minutes.)
The Annual Treasurers Report Form is for GSMOL Corporate use only and should be sent in no later than February 28th. The information provided by all GSMOL Chapters will be used to comply with IRS standards in filing our corporate returns.
The Chapter Allocation Form may be filled in and sent to the Home Office in your Chapter’s anniversary month (the month you were chartered or reactivated) to receive the $25 allocation, if you have had at least FOUR general meetings since your last anniversary and you still have a full slate of officers in good standing and at least the minimum number of members. The Minutes Verification Form showing the four meetings must be submitted with it.
Ideas to bring in New Members
- Learn some of the “talking points” used in GSMOL’s membership promotion handouts and use those to encourage residents in the park to join.
- If your park has a chapter, point out to the people you talk to that being a member of GSMOL means being a member of the chapter too, with all the benefits that that affords.
- For those who have access to the Internet: Invite a few friends or neighbors who are also on the Internet to come to your home for an introduction to GSMOL. Bring up our website and give them a “tour”, showing the various things that we do (State and Local legislation, education of homeowners on their rights, etc.). Anyone who has their credit card with them can join via the website.
A Super-Chapter can be formed by combining the members from two or more neighboring parks. This typically is done because there are not enough members in the parks to form individual park Chapters. In most cases there is one park with a Chapter which “adopts” the members from the nearby park(s), but a Super-Chapter can also be formed without an existing Chapter. Your nearest GSMOL Leader can help interested members set up a Super-Chapter. See the Super-Chapter Guidelines for more information.
Ideas for Chapters
- Membership Management (from Chapter Handbook)
- Rent Day promotion: Set up a card table near the office. As residents come to pay their rent, offer flyers, talk to residents, have membership forms on hand. (Submitted by Chapter 708)
- If your clubhouse has internet access, bring a laptop to your Chapter meeting and encourage non-members to explore the website and sign up with credit card.