Select Page

How Can We Help?

< Back

Many local governments have rehabilitation or repair grants for low income homeowners, including residents or owners of mobilehomes, in some cases. This money is made available through the CalHome program, operated by HCD, to local governments and non-profit organizations, as part of two housing bond issues approved by state voters in recent years. However, application must be made through local government, and not all local jurisdictions have such programs. There are usually income and residency eligibility requirements. Additionally, some jurisdictions do not consider mobilehomes “real property” eligible for rehab funding or may have restrictions on the kinds of repairs that will be funded. Contact the county housing agency for information on availability and eligibility.

● The State passes money to the counties for home repair assistance to low-income mobilehome owners. Not all counties participate in this program.

Page Reader Press Enter to Read Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Pause or Restart Reading Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Stop Reading Page Content Out Loud Screen Reader Support