Select Page

How Can We Help?

< Back

Contact the park management. If the park cannot help, call the County Sealer (Weights and Measures) and ask them to check the accuracy of the meter. Check for plumbing leaks under home or in fixtures. If none of these
steps resolve the problem, the resident may wish to file a complaint with the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) about rate issues and overcharges but only if the park receives water from a water utility or supplier regulated by the CPUC. If water is CPUC-regulated, resident may only be charged a water rate that the regulated utility would be able to charge residents if they were served directly by the utility. This would include a usage rate and a customer service charge (for meter reading and service). However, the majority of parks are not served by regulated water utilities but by municipalities, water districts, utility districts, or even the park’s own water well system, and are not regulated by the CPUC. One exception is that the CPUC may take complaints from residents of
parks regarding service or rates charged by parks using their own water systems or underground wells. If the park is subject to local mobilehome park rent control, rent control authorities may be able to provide some relief
depending upon how the rent ordinance is written or administered. Otherwise, the resident would have to complain to the appropriate governing board of the municipality, water or utility district actually furnishing water to the park.

● In a park with metered water served by regulated water districts: check bill calculations, see manager, call
county, or file a complaint with the CPUC.
● If it is a park without metered water and not served by a regulated water district: call the local water board.

Page Reader Press Enter to Read Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Pause or Restart Reading Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Stop Reading Page Content Out Loud Screen Reader Support